“Patikim“, a new section PalabasTayo premieres with a recipe of Chocolate Moelleux. It may sound a bit intimidating but it is really no different from Molten Chocolate Cake or its hyped up name, Chocolate Lava Cake. In her spotlight cooking show on Kumu, Chef Glo shared that NY chef, Jean–Georges Vongerichten claims to have invented this chocolate concoction but the French chef and chocolatier Jacques Torres disputes this. Whoever actually originated this famous dessert, you may try your hand at making it with the easy steps below.
170 grams Belgian dark chocolate
113 grams butter
2 large eggs
2 large yolks
30 grams all purpose flour
60 grams confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Spray six 4oz ramekin with oil spray. Alternatively, you can brush with oil and dust with cocoa powder.
- Heat up butter until completely melted. Pour melted butter over chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Gently mix until chocolate is completely melted.
- Sift flour and confectioners sugar onto a medium bowl.
- Add eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture and mix until homogenous.
- Scoop and divide into ramekins
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the side is firm but the center is soft.
- Let cool for a minute and invert onto a plate.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve with ice cream and berries.
Click here for more stories like “PATIKIM: Chocolate Moelleux by Chef Glo”. Make sure to follow and subscribe to our social media accounts: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Kumu.