Manila, Philippines – May 21, 2021 – Netflix today released the official trailer for Trese, the highly anticipated Netflix Original Anime series based on the Philippine graphic novel created by Budjette Tan and KaJO Baldisimo, premiering on Netflix June 11, 2021. Netflix also revealed the English language and Filipino language voice cast of Trese. Darren Criss (The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story), Jon Jon Briones (Ratched), Nicole Scherzinger (Moana), Manny Jacinto (The Good Place), Lou Diamond Phillips (La Bamba) and Dante Basco (Avatar: The Last Airbender) join Shay Mitchell (YOU, Pretty Little Liars), previously announced as the voice of Alexandra Trese in the English language version.
Filipino actress Liza Soberano (My Ex and Whys, Alone/Together) will voice Alexandra Trese in the Filipino language version of the series, and will be joined by local professional voice talents Simon dela Cruz (as Crispin and Basilio), Apollo Abraham (Captain Guerrero), Christopher Carlo Caling (Hank), Christian Velarde (Nuno), and Eugene Adalia (Anton Trese). Well-respected Filipino Language Voice Artist Director Rudolf Baldonado will direct the local voice talents.
English language voice cast:
- Shay Mitchell – Alexandra Trese
- Griffin Puatu – The Kambal (Crispin and Basilio), Bantay
- Matt Yang King – Captain Guerrero, Dominic
- Jon Jon Briones – Hank, Xa-Mul
- Steve Blum – Datu Talagbusao, Ibwa
- Carlos Alazraqui – Anton Trese, Santelmo
- Manny Jacinto – Maliksi
- Eric Bauza – Nuno the Snitch, Bagyon Lektro
- Darren Criss – Marco
- Nicole Scherzinger – Miranda Trese
- Lou Diamond Phillips – Mayor Sancho Santamaria
- Dante Basco – Bagyon Kulimlim
- Rodney To – Aswang market guard, Man in drag
Filipino language voice cast:
- Liza Soberano – Alexandra Trese
- Simon dela Cruz – The Kambal (Crispin and Basilio)
- Apollo Abraham – Captain Guerrero
- Christopher Carlo Caling – Hank
- Eugene Adalia – Anton Trese
- Cheska Aguiluz – Miranda Trese
- Christian Velarde – Nuno
- Bryan Encarnacion – Datu Talagbusao
- Nica Rojo – Ramona
- Jo Anne Orobia-Chua – Emissary
- Jose Amado Santiago – Marco
- Steve dela Cruz – Maliksi
- Rene Tandoc – Mayor Santamaria
- Steffi Graf Bontogon-Mola – Young, Teen Alexandra
- RJ Celdran – Santelmo, Señor Armanaz
- Elyrey Martin – Ibwa, Dominic
- Steven Bontogon – Jobert
Set in a Manila where the mythical creatures of Philippine folklore live in hiding amongst humans, Alexandra Trese finds herself going head to head with a criminal underworld comprised of malevolent supernatural beings.
“Trese”, written by: Tanya Yuson, Zig Marasigan, Mihk Vergara will have six episodes directed by Showrunner: Jay Oliva (Justice League Dark, The Legend of Korra) with Executive Producers, Jay Oliva; Shanty Harmayn and Tanya Yuson at BASE Entertainment, a studio based in Jakarta and Singapore.
Series Directors: David Hartman (Transformers: Prime), Mel Zwyer (Star Wars Rebels), Tim Divar (Young Justice)
Production Designer and Art Director: Jojo Aguilar (Tron Uprising)
Character Design: Will Nichols (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Editor: Christopher Lozinski (Batman: The Killing Joke)
English language casting and voice direction: Wes Gleason
Filipino language casting and voice direction: Rudolf Baldonado
Composers: Kevin Kiner, Sean Kiner, Dean Kiner (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Original song: “PAAGI” by UDD, with lyrics by Armi Millare and Paul Yap
Format: 6 episodes, releasing all at once
Filipino band UDD, formerly known as Up Dharma Down, composed the official soundtrack for Trese, titled “PAAGI,” with lyrics by Armi Millare and Paul Yap.
Trese will premiere on June 11, 2021, only on Netflix (www.netflix.com/trese).