MANILA, August 31, 2021 – The LEGO® Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have revealed a new captivating mix of LEGO® Harry Potter sets to help young witches and wizards explore the enchanting adventures of Harry Potter’s second year at Hogwarts™.
From the tantalizing tactics of Wizarding Chess to Polyjuice Potion trickery, the sets are packed full of popular characters, creatures, and imaginative features to help young builders reenact their favorite adventures from the films, as well as crafting magical storylines of their own.
While the enchanted walls of Hogwarts set the scene for many of the new sets, builders can spread their wings and explore the rest of the wizarding world by taking flight with the fiery feathers of Dumbledore’s beloved Phoenix, Fawkes, or visiting the snow-capped streets of Hogsmeade Village. Many of the sets also interconnect to extend the play into different areas of Hogwarts.
A number of the new sets come with an exclusive golden minifigure to mark the 20th Anniversary of LEGO Harry Potter. For years, LEGO play has helped Wizarding World and LEGO fans feel even closer to the magic, and these collectibles mark just some of the characters that have helped them play out endless memorable moments across two decades of LEGO Harry Potter.
As a special treat for lifelong fans of the beloved franchise, the LEGO Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products specially designed the new LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Icons – Collectors’ Edition for adult enthusiasts. Sure to make any long-time fan nostalgic for their childhood, the set includes various memorabilia from the series such as Harry’s wand and glasses, Ron’s chocolate frog, Hermione’s potion tray, Tom Riddle’s diary, the Golden Snitch, and a customizable school scarf. To top it all off, the set features Hedwig™ with a much-coveted invitation to Hogwarts.
The Collectors’ Edition set will be available on the 2nd of September and will be available only on bankeebricks.ph and in all branches of the LEGO Certified Stores (LCS) in Trinoma, The 30th Mall, BGC, Greenbelt, and Alabang Town Center
Marcos Bessa, LEGO® Harry Potter™ Design Lead commented: “Two decades ago, we launched the first LEGO Harry Potter set – which I played with as a 12 year old – and fans have remained just as enchanted by the magical adventures that they can relive and replay with the LEGO sets today as they were in 2001. These new products are packed full of captivating features and exciting design twists that we hope will excite and enthrall builders of all ages as they explore some of their favorite moments from the films.”
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™: Fluffy Encounter – Young witches and wizards can try their luck at sneaking past the giant, 3-headed dog, and reaching the trapdoor before Fluffy wakes!
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogsmeade™ Village Visits – Take a trip to the snowy village of Hogsmeade to buy tongue-tingling acid pops from Honeydukes™ or order a refreshing Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks.
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Chamber of Secrets – Budding builders can join the action in the Chamber of Secrets as Harry battles against Tom Riddle and the Giant Basilisk.
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Wizard’s Chess – LEGO fans can try their hand at the magical game to save the Philosopher’s Stone before using the pieces again and again to master the art of Muggle chess.
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Harry Potter™ & Hermione Granger™ – Children can maximize the magical fun with these 10 in. (26 cm) tall brick-built Harry Potter™ and Hermione Granger™ models as they recreate some of their favorite storylines from the films.
- LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™: First Flying Lesson – Builders can grab a broomstick and take part in a flying class with Madam Hooch, mounting a broom and shooting off on a wild ride around the Hogwarts rooftops.
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Icons – Collectors’ Edition – Avid fans can keep some of the most memorable imagery from the Wizarding World™ close to their hearts after piecing together precious items from their childhood.