The Free Guy Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Free Guy Original Score album are available today. Featuring songs by Mariah Carey, Fred Astaire, Digital Underground, Mama Cass, and more, the Free Guy soundtrack offers an eclectic mix of some of pop music’s greatest moments. The soundtrack also includes 4 score tracks by Emmy®-nominated composer Christophe Beck (“WandaVision,” “Frozen 2,” “Ant-Man and the Wasp”). “Free Guy” opens August 13, 2021, only in theatres.
Listen to the Free Guy playlist below.
Commenting on his score for “Free Guy,” Beck said, “I jumped at the chance to work with Shawn Levy again; he is so energetic and a wonderful collaborator. The first feature we worked on together was “Big Fat Liar,” and we have worked together on several projects since.”
Beck continued, “In crafting the sound of “Free Guy” Shawn and I decided that the score’s primary role would be to focus on Ryan Reynolds’ character Guy, and his journey. At the start of the film, Guy is getting ready for the day to work at a bank which is repeatedly held up. He doesn’t realize he’s a background character in a video game. He’s very childlike, and the music functions to underscore his attitude to life, with bucolic, up-tempo sounds, to convey his sense of hopefulness and a naïve love of life. That music repeats, and then evolves to reflect his changes in outlook and circumstances, and his gradual awakening to knowing there’s more to life than being held up 12 times a day.”
On crafting the love theme Beck added, “The use of electronics in the score is a nod to the fact we are inside a video game. As Guy awakens to this other reality, the musical themes get bigger, the orchestra expands, and the music gets more dramatic. The catalyst for Guy’s awakening is his relationship with Jodie Comer’s character Millie. Shawn and I knew we needed a love theme. The electronic score elements transcend when violins come in and it becomes a sweeping love theme in the grand tradition of cinematic love themes; as that relationship develops, so too does that theme grow and blossom.”
Free Guy Original Motion Picture Soundtrack tracklist follows:
- FANTASY – Performed by Mariah Carey
- LEGENDZ – Performed by AG featuring Devvon Terrell
- 100 MILES AND RUNNING – Performed by Logic featuring Wale & John Lindahl
- HUMPTY DANCE – Performed by Digital Underground
- CHEEK TO CHEEK – Performed by Fred Astaire
- MAKE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC – Performed by Mama Cass
- CAN’T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU – Performed by Frankie Valli
- AIN’T NO STOPPIN’ US NOW – Performed by McFadden & Whitehead
- THEME FROM “THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO” (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) –
Performed by Joey Scarbury
- DON’T HAVE A GOOD DAY, HAVE A GREAT DAY (Score) – Music by Christophe Beck
- IT’S ALL A LIE (Score) – Music by Christophe Beck
- MILLIE (Score) – Music by Christophe Beck
- GO TIME (Score) – Music by Christophe Beck
Click here for more stories like “’Free Guy’ OST and Score released”. Make sure to follow and subscribe to our social media accounts: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Kumu.